Instrument Rating (IR) training consists of two modules: basic and procedural. IR is an additional qualification added to the PPL(A) or CPL(A) license, allowing pilots to operate flights under instrument flight rules (IFR) in instrument meteorological conditions (IMC). Practical IR training at ATO Smart Aviation is conducted using the FNTP II training device and the Tecnam P2006T multi-engine aircraft. It includes 55 hours of instrument time, with a maximum of 40 hours allowed on the FNPT II training device.
- PPL(A) license with the additional qualification for night flights according to FCL.810 requirements if IR privileges will be used at night.
- CPL(A) license with a minimum of 50 hours of flight time in navigational flights as pilot-in-command, including at least 10 hours on an aircraft of the appropriate category.
- Valid MEP(L) qualification if IR training is conducted on a multi-engine aircraft.
- Completed theoretical training consisting of 150 hours or theoretical training for the ATPL(A) pilot license.
- Adequate knowledge of the English language, preferably confirmed with a level 4 or higher entry in the license.
- Valid Class 1 or Class 2 medical certificate with an entry indicating no restrictions on IFR flights.
CPL/IR BIFM basic module FNTP II
|550 EUR||5 h||Training on the Alsim ALX simulator|
CPL/IR BIFM basic module MEP(L)
|2 125 EUR||5 h||Training on the Tecnam P2006T|
IR/ME procedural module FNTP II
|3 850 EUR||35 h||Training on the Alsim ALX simulator|
IR/ME procedural module MEP(L)
|4 250 EUR||10 h||Training on the Tecnam P2006T|
Total training cost: 10 775 EUR
EPPO full landing fee
|15 EUR||Gross cost including discount|
EPPO touch & go landing fee
|5 EUR||Gross cost including discount|