IFR Rating (BIR)
The IFR Rating (BIR) training is designed to train pilots to the level of proficiency required to operate single or multi-engine aircraft in IFR flights in IMC conditions.
- Candidates applying for the BIR rating must hold at least a Part FCL PPL(A) license.
- The candidate must have language proficiency in Polish or English at least at level 4.
- The candidate should be informed before starting the training that a medical certificate in accordance with Part MED.A.030(e) is required before taking the practical exam.
- Possess a night rating obtained in accordance with Part FCL.810 if the privileges resulting from the BIR rating are to be used at night, or
- An ATPL license for another category of aircraft or
- A CPL(A) license.
Note: The holder of a PPL(A) license who does not have night flight privileges will receive a restriction limited to IFR flights during the day. This restriction will be removed when the pilot obtains night flight privileges.