Light Aircraft Pilot License (Aeroplane)
LAPL(A) is a new kind of pilot license issued in accordance with EASA states only. The LAPL(A) does not fully comply with the ICAO standards for aeroplane pilot licensing contained in the ICAO Annex 1 ‘Personnel Licensing’. Holder of a LAPL(A) is allowed to fly single engine piston airplanes with maximum take-off mass of less than 2000 kg. LAPL(A) theoretical course is the same as PPL(A) and includes 9 subjects. However the practical training needs only 30 hours to accomplish. That’s why LAPL(A) might be interesting option for recreational pilots.
- a student pilot for a LAPL(A) shall be at least 16 years of age before first solo flight;
- applicants for a LAPL(A) shall be at least 17 years of age ;
- a LAPL medical certificate is required for the holder/applicant of a LAPL(A).
- 100 hours of theoretical course;
- 30 hours of practical training;
- theoretical exam including 9 subjects in Polish CAA
- check ride and license issue.
Privileges and limitations:
- the privileges of the holder of a LAPL(A) are to act without remuneration as PIC in non-commercial operations on SEP (land) aeroplanes or TMG with a maximum certified take-off mass of 2000 kg or less, carrying a maximum of 3 passengers, such that there are never more than 4 persons on board of the aircraft;
- the holder of a LAPL(A) shall only carry passengers after having completed 10 hours of flight time as PIC on aeroplanes or TMGs after issue of the license.
- the holder of a LAPL(A) may fly under VFR by day, and by night if a night rating is held after completing 5 hours of instrument flight time (based on PPL(A) program) and at 5 hours of night VFR in approved training organization;
- the LAPL(A) holder may fully exercise the privileges within the EU Member States, international flight within EU Member States are permitted if ICAO English Level 4 or higher is obtained.
A LAPL(A) can be upgraded to PPL(A) if holder of LAPL(A) completes 15 hours of flight time where 10 hours must be flown at ATO including 4 hours of solo flight under supervision with 2 hours of solo cross country flight time with at least 1 flight of at least 270 km (150 NM) with 2 full stop landings at different aerodromes than aerodrome of departure.
LAPL(A) training price list:
|training costs:||price excl. VAT||hours||remarks|
|LAPL(A) ground training||500,00 EUR||100,0 h||30 lectures / 70 self studying|
|LAPL(A) practical training||3900,00 EUR||30,0 h||minimum flight time required|
|LAPL(A) instruction hour||140,00 EUR||1,0 h||cost of extra hour after exceeding 30 hours|
|LAPL(A) check ride||200,00 EUR||2,0 h||estimated time and cost of check ride|
|medical certificate class LAPL or 2||75,00 EUR||300,00 PLN||must be issued in accordance with Part-MED|
|CAA aviation fee – LAPL(A) theory||80,00 EUR||315,00 PLN||please refer to the list of aviation fees|
|CAA aviation fee – LAPL(A) check ride||210,00 EUR||838,00 PLN||please refer to the list of aviation fees|
|EPPO full stop landing||7,50 EUR||27,67 PLN||including 23% VAT|
|EPPO touch & go||2,50 EUR||9,25 PLN||including 23% VAT|
Read it carefully:
- be advised that 23% of VAT must be added to the final price of LAPL(A) training;
- aviation fees shall be paid into a CAA bank account referring to the list of aviation fees;
- landing fees at EPPO are published at AIP Poland GEN 4.1.8 (5.1.13 and 5.1.14)